BALANCING LIFE OFF-AIR BY @BOSSLADYRADIO
Are you a girl boss that’s convinced she can take over the world with just 24hrs coupled along with her list of goals and a cell phone? Yeah, me too!
These days living your best life and dominating the media industry is extremely hard and sometimes almost impossible because what’s really work/life balance, right? So many of us face the same struggles of juggling heavy work loads, maintaining relationships, securing an extra income, family responsibilities and squeezing in personal time that has stress at an all time high.
It’s time we change some things up for 2019 ladies and make the most out of our time, Q1 is just starting and it’s the perfect time to implement a change into your daily schedule.
Check out a few tips to help balance your work/life schedule below.
1) Prioritize your time!The first task of a work day should always consist of you planning out a to-do list. The list should be in order of importance.
· Urgent and important
· Important but not urgent
· Neither urgent nor important
2) Have set work hours and stick to them. At times this may seem impossible especially when you feel like your job is never done but you can make this happen. Learn to give yourself a cut off time. Ignore those late night booking messages and work emails. Your sanity is more important.
3) Make your work area for you. Invest in equipment that will support you (purchase that ring light so you won’t have to spend time correcting the color, buy that hand held mic you’ve been pressed over) Get what’s needed to ensure you do your job to the best of your ability while making sure you are comfortable.
4) UNPLUG FROM SOCIAL MEDIA (I’m screaming at you) This is the most important one! It’s okay to miss a post. I’m challenging you to stay off of social media for at least two hours during the work day and two hours before bed.
5) Find time for your finances. It’s important you feel confident about your finances so it’s a must you stay on top of what you make and how you spend it. A lot of media jobs are part time make sure your other hustles are getting attention. WE NEED ALL THE FUNDS!
6) Plot some personal time. Time where you are actually focused on YOU. If you don’t establish ‘ME’ time everything else will fall apart. Make time for something you love outside of work,
7) Make time for those close to you. Family and friends are important so it’s best to show them that they mean just as much to you as your career.
8) Have that holiday. Make time for special occasions, birthday trips and any other time where you can simply do you. Every quarter plan one 3-day weekend.
9) Know and nurture your network. Make growing your network a priority. Set benchmarks and track your progress.
10) Write everything down. Most of us are creatives and it’s important that we keep track of all of our ideas and thoughts. Start a note in your phone to keep track of your everyday thoughts.
11) Be realistic. At the end of each work week perform a self analysis. Go over what worked, what went wrong and what you could do differently for the upcoming week. Always be honest with yourself.
12) Get a media confidant. Everyone needs a listening ear. Find someone you trust to bounce your ideas off of. What’s better than one boss? TWO!
13) Lastly, do what you love. You owe it to yourself to be the best you. Don’t spend time doing something that makes you miserable. Find your passion so it won’t feel like work.
I hope these tips help you reach a successful level of work/life balance and help prove the notion that you can have it all. Here’s to a successful 2019…may we all reach our full potential.
Brianna (Bosslady) Washington, Radio Personality
KOOC-FM Killeen/Fort Hood
On Sundays, We blog! Be sure to follow us on all socials:
Like us On Facebook!
See you next week!